Selasa, 8 Januari 2013

Day 5: Lecture


Ok. Mari kita cerita pengalaman pertama beri kuliah.

It was my 5th day working. So far, colleague,all treated me nicely. Everybody keep asking, when is my 1st lecture and wish me luck. Depa siap ajak breakfast and motivate a bit.

Jadi, my first chapter was on reproduction system. Ok. Nice. There are 119 students without any single Muslim. Nice. Ok, let me clarify on something. Sebenarnya its nothing wrong having non-bumi students in class.

The problem was on me. Culture shock orang kata. Biasa dah dalam suasana Melayu. Tiba-tiba kena place myself as minority, rasa strange.

Overall, I can say my 1st hour was a disaster. A big disaster. Sampai satu tahap, I even not understand my own explanation. Huh, i gave the student a break. Actually, the break was for me.

Kesian student. Tak faham tau masa mula-mula tu. Dan juga boleh nampak depa dah mula ada rasa tak confident pada aku. Ok, memang ngaku. Me, myself tak master sangat dengan plant reproduction system. Jadi, banyak explaination kurang menarik and ada gak rasanya not make sense.

Bila start second half, mula study meiosis. Lepas rehat baru ada kekuatan. Dan masa ni, suara sangat lah kuat. semua orang ada kebolehan bersyarah dengan kuat sebenarnya. Suara perlahan is not a weakness. Actually it, lies on your confident level. Bila kau rasa confident, otomatik kau rasa boleh keluar suara yang kuat. Hah, teruk betul kau ni Aliah.

Since all the student bukan malay, i feel guilty to speak in Malay. And that was a big mistake of mine. Sebenarnya semua lecturer pun, mix the language. Ceh, penat ko gabra je. But, I make sure myself to use 70% in english.

Tomorrow will be another hour of lecture to finish the chapter. Huh, semoga esok lebih baik.

From now on, please call me Miss Aliah. Hakhakhak. Ok, poyo je. 

Tiada ulasan: